Online registration for Reunion Weekend has closed. If you need to make a change to your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 978.749.4291 until Thursday, June 9. All other changes can be made upon arrival at registration.
Dear ’76 Classmates,
Our 40th Andover Reunion is upon us. What words will bring you back to Andover? Friends? Dormmates? Teammates? Castmates? Faculty emeriti? Sam Phil? GW? The Vista? The Sanctuary? Whatever it is that draws you back, here is what you’ll find when you get there.
- Friday, June 10 – Registration begins. Our class dorm is Adams, or you can get group rates at area hotels listed in the enclosed brochure. We’re excited that the school is again allowing us to have our own tent outside of Adams, our Class Headquarters.
- Friday Evening – Gather for cocktails on the lawn in front of Sam Phil at 6 pm. Followed by dinner in the Cage. After dinner, there will be cocktails and time to continue conversations on the lawn in front of Sam Phil.
- At 8:30 p.m. in Kemper Auditorium view the new movie Night Bird Song, The Thomas Chapin Story about our fellow Andover alumnus Tom Chapin ’75. For more information about the film, please visit the Thomas Chapin Film Project.
- Saturday Morning – Classes, Reunion Parade and All School
- Saturday Afternoon – Tour the campus and enjoy reconnecting with classmates.
- Saturday Night – Meet at our class dorm, Adams, and take a class stroll down memory lane to our formal dinner in Davis Hall on the Abbot Campus. Following dinner, a DJ will be on campus in Borden Gym for those looking to get down and boogie.
- Sunday Morning – Brunch and farewells.
Please register as soon as possible – there is an early bird registration discount that ends on May 13.
If you have attended past reunions, you know how amazingly old friends slip back into being comfortable with each other. Equally extraordinary is the chance to connect with people you did not get a chance to know 40 years ago. There’s something else, too, that emerges from a reunion: the way we, a diverse group of individuals, have a strong group identity. The more who attend, the more that identity will be sensed and appreciated. Come back and make the group as whole as we can. Reach out to your friends and encourage them to join us, especially those who haven’t been back in a while.
See you in June!
Ruben Alvero and Lisa Barlow