Dear ’75 Classmates,
Our 40th Andover Reunion is upon us. What words will bring you back to Andover? Friends? Dormmates? Teammates? Castmates? Faculty Emeriti? Sam Phil? GW? The Vista? The Sanctuary? Whatever it is that draws you back, here is what you’ll find when you get there:
- Friday, June 12 – Registration begins. Our class dorm is Adams, or you can get group rates at area hotels listed in the enclosed brochure. We’re excited that the school is again allowing us to have our own tent outside of Adams, our Class Headquarters.
- Friday Evening – Gather at our tent in front of Adams for cocktails, followed by dinner in the Cage. After dinner, there will be a fun Calypso party from 8:30 until 11:30 in our headquarters tent, featuring a steel drum band and delicious Caribbean food.
- Saturday Morning – Classes, Reunion Parade and All School
- Saturday Afternoon – Tour the campus, attend a symposium, play a pick-up game with friends or just hang out and share some stories. Other fun activities are in the works.
- Saturday Night – Meet for drinks and appetizers in our headquarters tent, followed by a class stroll down memory lane to our formal dinner in Davis Hall on the old Abbot campus. A DJ will be on campus in Borden Gym for those looking to get down and boogie.
- Sunday Morning – Either enjoy a full breakfast at Commons or find coffee, bagels and juices in our tent before final farewells.
Of course, there will be surprises to greet you. Alumni performances. Old chums and new friends. Bring spouses, family, and friends, or just bring yourself. Either way, it is sure to be another set of happy memories to add to the ’75 album.
We have also set up a Facebook page: Phillips Academy Andover Class of 1975. Please register right away – there is an early bird registration discount that ends on May 15.
If you have attended past reunions, you know how amazingly old friends slip back into being comfortable with each other. Equally extraordinary is the chance to connect with people you did not get a chance to know 40 years ago. There’s something else, too, that emerges from a reunion: the way we, a diverse group of individuals, have a strong group identity. The more who attend, the more that identity will be sensed. Come back and make the group as whole as we can. Reach out to your friends and encourage them to join us, especially those who haven’t been back in a while.
Now pick up those number 2 pencils, open your bluebooks, and brush up on that old vocabulary of ours. There may be a quiz. Arena Day. Parietals. Sign-in. Cluster. Dickie’s Desk. Pomps Pond. Come back and rediscover our common language and let’s party like it’s 1975!
Your email address:
This letter was also sent to everyone for whom we have an email address. If you did not receive this via email, we do not have an email address for you and won’t be able to send you updates between now and then, solicit information for the Notes, etc. If you are inclined, please send your email address to Judy Davis in Office of Alumni Engagement at email@example.com.